Registrati Portale Blog Album FAQ Cerca Lista degli utenti Gruppi utenti Calendario Guestbook Login

COSTA MESA , Calif. (AP) — With their comeback win at Pittsb
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi

usa
The Chargers’ 33-30 win over the Steelers put them firmly in control as they
Solo gli utenti registrati possono vedere i link!
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
chase their first postseason berth since 2013. Los Angeles (9-3) has a two-game lead over Baltimore for the first wild-card spot and has a three-game cushion over the rest of the field.Coach Anthony Lynn, though, wasn’t ready to say his team made a statement.“I don’t know if you can say it was a statement win,” he said Monday. “It’s always exciting when you come back after a win, especially when you do it in that fashion.”The Chargers ended the Steelers’ 175-game unbeaten streak with at least a 16-point lead at home and it was the largest blown lead at home in franchise history.It also marked Los Angeles’ third win that went down to the last minute. They stopped Tennessee from making a two-point conversion in a 20-19 win in London on Oct. 21 and then needed a goal-line stand two weeks later in Seattle to earn a 25-17 victory.“I think it is a big win for us,” quarterback Philip Rivers said. “We haven’t had one like this on the road against this kind of opponent, then add the fact that it was come-from-behind. I think winning the game would’ve been a lot, but it really just gets us one more win.”The rally was familiar territory for Rivers, who threw for 299 yards and two touchdowns. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, it is his seventh comeback victory when trailing by 16 or more points, which ties him with Peyton Manning for the most in NFL history.The Chargers are 18-6 since losing their first four games last season. They host Cincinnati on Sunday before a key rematch four days later against Kansas City. Los Angeles trails the Chiefs by a game in the AFC West. The Chargers close the season with a Dec. 22 home game against Baltimore and at Denver on Dec. 30.Lynn likes that he has a team with a lot of confidence when they need it at this time in the season. While most coaches would go apoplectic in the locker room down by 16 in a prime-time game, the second-year coach focused on adjustments.“What I saw was a bunch of men who didn’t want to let the next man down in the locker room. That’s way more powerful than anything a coach can say,” Lynn said. “With this group you don’t have to throw tables and knock over water coolers and all that to get them going, they knew. I could see in their eyes they were ready to play.”The Chargers still have some concerns this week. Running back Melvin Gordon could miss his second straight game due to an MCL sprain in his right knee. Rookie Justin Jackson had 63 yards and a touchdown during the second half and could split carries with Austin Ekeler.Offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt is also expected to interview for Georgia Tech’s head coach opening this week. Lynn said there is a backup plan in place if Whisenhunt gets hired and doesn’t finish out the NFL season, but wouldn’t elaborate.“We haven’t talked much about it. I know there is a lot of interest,” Lynn said. “It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s his job to turn down. He’s a heck of a football coach, it’s his alma mater, there’s some loyalty there.”The Chargers made a roster move Monday by releasing offensive tackle Joe Barksdale
, who had been with the team for four years and started 43 games. Barksdale started the opener against Kansas City before suffering a knee injury and missing the next five games. He then played in the next four but was declared out for the game at Pittsburgh for a non-injury-related reason.To fill Barksdale’s spot on the roster, the Charges promoted wide receiver Dylan Cantrell from the practice squad. Cantrell was selected in the sixth round in last April’s draft. Jacksonville won the AFC South and Tennessee earned a wild-card playoff berth out of the division last season.Now, they get the prime-time spotlight on Thursday even though both are also-rans.Oh, the Titans (6-6) still are in the playoff chase. But it’s difficult to take serious a team that needs a late rally to beat the Jets.What’s happened to the Jaguars (4-8) is stunning. One quarter away from winning the AFC in January, they snapped a seven-game slide last Sunday by shutting down Andrew Luck and the Colts 6-0.The Jags will have running back Leonard Fournette, who was suspended for the Indy game. Tennessee has been vulnerable to the run.“Getting him back is going to be a huge boost, especially for our team,” safety Tashaun Gipson says. “We’re a physical team and we want to run the ball, get your playmakers the ball, and obviously he’s the best player we have on the offensive side of the ball.”The Titans’ best offensive player is, well, that’s a tough one. They rank 28th overall in yardage and only four teams have scored fewer than Tennessee’s 221 points.No. 16 (tie) Tennessee is a 4½-point favorite over No. 26 Jacksonville. This should be a defensive standoff but, no, we can’t go with 6-0.TITANS, 16-9KNOCKOUT POOL: Seattle did the job with a romp last week, and now we expect something similar from DENVER.No. 14 Denver (minus 5 1-2) at No. 32 San FranciscoBroncos believing they have playoff shot. Can’t stumble here.BEST BET: BRONCOS, 27-17No. 25 Detroit (minus 2) at No. 29 ArizonaNot feeling any good vibes for Lions, especially when favored on road.UPSET SPECIAL: CARDINALS, 19-16No. 15 Indianapolis (plus 4 1-2) at No. 5 HoustonTexans can clinch AFC South if Titans lose and they win.TEXANS
, 27-24No. 11 Minnesota (plus 2 1-2) at No. 9 Seattle, Monday nightWinner here has straight road to NFC wild-card spot.SEAHAWKS, 26-21No. 27 Cincinnati (plus 14) at No. 6 Los Angeles ChargersChargers figure they can win AFC West. Guess what: they still might.CHARGERS, 33-13No. 12 Baltimore (plus 6 1-2) at No. 3 Kansas CityRavens could give Chargers’ hopes a boost. But …CHIEFS, 31-27No. 2 New Orleans (minus 8) at No. 20 Tampa BayTime to secure NFC South for Saints, and avenge opening defeat.SAINTS, 41-23No. 1 Los Angeles Rams (minus 3) at No. 7 ChicagoToughest remaining test for Rams, who should handle it.RAMS, 27-20No. 4 New England (minus 8) at No. 18 MiamiPatriots still eyeing top seed in AFC.PATRIOTS, 34-24No. 13 Philadelphia (plus 4) at No. 10 DallasCowboys can pretty much waltz away with NFC East with win. Start the music.COWBOYS, 23-20No. 8 Pittsburgh (minus 11) at No. 31 OaklandOh, for the days of John Madden vs. Chuck Noll.STEELERS, 36-30No. 23 (tie) New York Giants (minus 4) at No. 19 WashingtonOh, for the days of Bill Parcells vs. Joe Gibbs.GIANTS, 16-13No. 16 (tie) Carolina (minus 1 1-2) at No. 22 ClevelandPanthers have lost their mojo. This loss will shatter playoff chances.BROWNS, 22-20No. 23 (tie) Atlanta (plus 5 1-2) at No. 21 Green BayAaron Rodgers’ first start without Mike McCarthy as coach.PACKERS, 33-31No. 30 New York Jets (plus 3 1-2) at No. 28 BuffaloCountdown is on for Todd Bowles as next coach fired.BILLS, 20-9

Profilo Messaggio privato

Adv

COSTA MESA , Calif. (AP) — With their comeback win at Pittsb