Registrati Portale Blog Album FAQ Cerca Lista degli utenti Gruppi utenti Calendario Guestbook Login

Cheese Curds , 9/17: Packers should feel let down by tie gam
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi

usa
The Green Bay Packers had a victory snatched from their grasp on Sunday, instead tying the Minnesota Vikings 29-29 after
Solo gli utenti registrati possono vedere i link!
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
a series of unfortunate events. Those circumstances were a combination of situations of their own making — thanks to some atrocious play in the secondary by veteran players and poor execution in the red zone — and the help of some atrocious officiating.We’ll touch on both of those topics in today’s cheese curds, as we gnash our teeth about how a 1-0-1 record could impact the rest of the season. However, let’s not forget that the Packers went toe-to-toe with one of the best teams in the NFL, outplayed them for nearly an entire game, and should have emerged from the game with a victory. When the initial sting of disappointment wears off, this game could well be a building block forward as the 2018 season rolls along.Jerry Kramer enjoys one more ‘wonderful moment’ | Packers.comBefore we get into the game itself, let's take a moment to celebrate Kramer
, whose name was unveiled in the Packers' ring of honor at Lambeau Field. It's a long-overdue honor, and one that Kramer described as "surreal."Packers Clay Matthews left frustrated by late roughing passer penalty | Packersnews.comNow to the game. Referee Tony Corrente has some serious explaining to do for his roughing the passer call on Matthews, even after trying to explain it once on Sunday afternoon. He tried to make the case that Matthews picked up Kick Cousins and drove him forcibly into the ground, which anyone with a working pair of eyes can see is not what happened. The only acceptable explanation would be "I blew it."Winners and losers from Packers’ Week 2 tie with Vikings | Packers WireWhile the refs clearly show up in the "losers" category, it's also worth noting that a pair of veteran defensive backs -- Davon House and Kentrell Brice -- both had awful games.Vikings-Packers tie will have major NFC North, NFL playoff implications - SBNation.comWe'll look at this a little more closely this week, but the fact that this game ended in a tie means that the week 12 matchup on Sunday night after Thanksgiving very well could be the deciding factor in the division -- and maybe a first-round bye.Vikings' Carlson on OT misses: 'I let my team down' - NFL.comCarlson missed all three of his attempts in the game, from 48
, 49, and finally 35 yards. It was a surprise, given Carlson's solid track record in college, but it's clearly an issue with his confidence, as he indicated.Dozens of flights delayed after suspicious car abandoned at Sky Harbor | AZCentral.comLesson learned: don't leave your car idling in the dropoff area at an airport to help your significant other check in, because you might end up getting the bomb squad brought in and delaying flights across the entire airport. Remember when an Indianapolis Colts-New England Patriots game was must-see TV? The Peyton Manning-Tom Brady rivalry was one of the best quarterback matchups in the NFL, and the teams seemingly played every year. In fact, between Manning’s rookie year of 1998 and his final year in Indy in 2011
, only the 2002 season saw the two teams fail to play one another in the regular season. There were also three playoff games in that span, two of which were Patriots victories.Since Manning’s departure led to Andrew Luck’s arrival, this is anything but a rivalry. Starting in Luck’s rookie year of 2012, the teams have played five times, including twice in the postseason, and every one of those games has been a Patriots win. To make matters worse, the Colts have only kept one of those five games within twenty points!Can Luck and company take advantage of a surprisingly slow 2-2 start to the season by Bill Belichick’s team? Or will we see more of the same in terms of recent history between these teams? Tune in tonight to find out.WHO?Indianapolis Colts (1-3) vs. New England Patriots (2-2)WHERE?Gillette StadiumFoxboro, MAWHEN?Thursday
, October 8, 20188:20 PM Eastern TimeHOW?TV BroadcastsFOX & NFL NetworkCommentators: Joe Buck, Troy AikmanOnline StreamingFOX Sports GoNFL Network OnlineAmazon PrimeRadio BroadcastWestwood One SportsSirius 81/83, XM 225/226ANYTHING ELSE?OddsPatriots favored by 10.5 pointsOver/under total: 51.5Last meetingWeek 6 2015: Patriots 34, @Colts 27All-Time head-to-head recordRegular season: Patriots lead 47-28-0Playoffs: Patriots lead 4-1Last weekColts: lost vs. Texans 37-34 (OT)Patriots: won vs. Dolphins 38-7

Profilo Messaggio privato

Adv

Cheese Curds , 9/17: Packers should feel let down by tie gam